Friday, October 11, 2019

My Fall Seasonal Mixed Media Paper Flowers and Collage Embellished Bottle Vases



This past weekend I finally put out my fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving decorations.  For me this is really late.  I usually have them out by the first of September.

Well, part of the reason I was so late was I was happily creating mixed media embellished bottle vases and are now just starting to create some embellished paper flowers for them.  So, I was a little preoccupied for my favorite season.  In writing this post I'm even aghast at myself for being so late.  I absolutely LOVE the fall so this is unprecedented for me.

All is not bad, however, as two of the bottles I recently created were for the fall.  I'm hoping to create their paper flowers and will, hopefully, post pictures of them in their bottle vases shortly.


In the meantime, shown above are the fronts of the two embellished bottle vases.


For the bottles above first I added old book page collage papers to them.  Then I painted them with black acrylic paint and added a sponge paint combination of metallic brown paint, metallic copper paint, metallic orange paint, and metallic yellow paint.  Once the sponge painting was dry I sealed it with a glazing medium.


Once everything was dry I glued some lace trim around the center of one of the bottles.  To this bottle I added thin layers of paper-clay to the top and bottom edges of the lace, added a thin layer of the paper-clay to the top rim of the bottle and covered the back side of this bottle where the lace was with a thin layer of paper-clay.  Then I stamped all of them with a stamp that had a reed design.


For the other bottle I added paper-clay in a haphazard thin layer pattern first along the top of the bottle and then down the sides.  Then I stamped it with a different stamp that had a reed design.  Once the paper-clay was dry I painted the paper-clay on both bottles with metallic bronze paint and then brushed a mustard color paint on each of them.


I cut two pieces of silk floral brushed velvet leaves in fall colors and glued them to the fronts of both bottles. Then I glued two fall paper flowers to the bottom front of the bottle to cover the end of the plastic silk floral stem.



I glued a mustard colored paper flower to the back side of the bottle without the lace and glued two mixed media fall colored fibers that I had tied in a bow to the left and right hand sides of the bottle with the lace along the top rim of the lace.


I cut a long length of the mixed media fall colored fibers and wrapped it continuously around the rim of the bottle on the right in the picture above.


When I had been making some paper flowers months ago I made two fall colored flowers, which can be seen in the vase above.  I still need to make a few more fall colored paper flowers for this bottle vase and some for the other bottle vase.  Hopefully I'll get them done before the fall season is over with..... lol

Copyright © 2004 - 2023 - All Rights Reserved - Designed By Linda Walsh

2 comments:

  1. Looking good girl ..You're really getting in the mood...SUPER !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zaa. I am in the fall mood now. Yea!!!!

      Delete