Sunday, May 26, 2019

My Cupcake and Cupcake Making Recipe Pinterest Board



I have loved flowers, floral design and floral crafts since I was a little girl.  My love of flowers was fostered by my next door neighbor's beautiful English Garden. I was mesmerized by the colors and textures of the various flowers.  I can remember just standing there admiring all the beautiful flowers and thinking of creating a beautiful bouquet with them.


While I loved all the flowers my favorite was always the dahlia.  It never mattered to me whether it was a spider dahlia, anemone dahlia, cactus dahlia, waterlily dahlia - it didn't matter.   I loved all of them.  Every time I planned a garden I planted dahlia bulbs.

When I was 8 I decided I wanted to have my own garden and wrote about this experience in my "Wonder What The Birthday Flowers Will Be Next Year?" post.  It was definitely a learning experience and one I never forgot.

I think being mesmerized by my neighbor's beautiful garden at and early age fostered  my love of all things floral, including floral crafts.  While I absolutely love fresh flowers and can be mesmerized for hours at their shear beauty, unfortunately, they just don't last.

That's what drew me to naturally dried floral and then silk floral in the late 1980's and early 1990's.  The silk floral last for decades and if they get a little banged up, you just re-do the floral arrangement.  It's hard to do that with fresh flowers.

I've always admired the beautiful floral creations that bakers created for their beautiful cakes and often wondered how they did that.  I even thought about trying that but just never had the time.  Plus, given I really don't like cake and, when crafting, tend to prefer smaller creations, when the cupcake craze became a mania in the early 2000's I thought floral cupcakes might actually be easier to create than a large cake.

However, with a lot of crazes I have they never come to fruition.  They're still on my bucket list and I still hope to learn how to create them.  In the meantime I set-up a Cupcake and Cupcake Making Recipe Tutorials, Video's and How-To's for Decorating and Making Cupcakes Pinterest board filled with all the amazing cupcakes I have found. 

Aside from lack of time, with the amount of free YouTube video's, blog tutorials, and how-to's out there I have no excuse for not learning how to do this.  They even have e-classes showing you how to create these amazing little works of art.


If you love my Cupcake and Cupcake Making Recipe Tutorials, Video's and How-To's for Decorating and Making Cupcakes Pinterest board please follow my board by clicking on the link above.

Have fun making your cupcakes - especially your floral cupcakes.


No comments:

Post a Comment