Sunday, January 03, 2016

Linda’s How-Do-I Series? How I Created My Large Artificial Outdoor Christmas Floral Decoration



In November 2015 I wrote a blog post entitled, "I Can Do Better - My Xmas Evergreen Arrangement Decoration" about the fresh evergreen arrangement I had bought for decorating outside my farmer's porch in the front of our house.

This year I had decided that our farmer's porch area needed some Christmas decorations, too, So hubby and I went out on Black Friday, which we hate to do, to buy a fresh arrangement of pine and evergreen branches in a container that would be suitable for the farmer's porch.

I found a container and  arrangement that I thought might work for us and would be visible on the farmer's porch. We have a row of yews along the walkway to our farmer's porch that are about 2 1/2' feet tall so I knew I needed a large arrangement and that I would need to put this arrangement on a container in order for it to be seen above the yews.


The arrangement container we bought was black in color so we decided to use a plastic black container we had turned upside down on which to place the arrangement.

I also decided that the fresh arrangement I had bought needed more height so I added red berry sprigs and gold painted bamboo to give the arrangement height. It came with one white painted pinecone so I added a trio of 3 Christmas color bulbs and another white painted pinecone for decoration.

I was happy with the way the arrangement looked on the farmer's porch. It was bright and festive and complimented the wreaths on the front of the house. However, I wasn't happy with the price as I know I could have made an artificial arrangement that would last forever for half the price and it wouldn't cost me anything going forward.

So, I decided that when the floral Christmas stems went on sale at Michael's or A.C. Moore that I was going to buy some to make a large artificial outdoor Christmas floral decoration to replace the fresh one. I figured that at the end of the Christmas holiday season I'd remove the dried fresh branches from the arrangement and replace them with artificial evergreen branches. Then it would last forever and wouldn't cost me anything going forward.

Well, the artificial evergreen's went on sale and I bought what I needed to create my arrangement.

As I was putting my large artificial outdoor Christmas floral decoration together I created a tutorial so you could create one of your own and created a free e-book for you as well.

I hope you enjoy my free tutorial e-book.


To view and download my free e-book please CLICK HERE. You'll be brought to Google Drive where you can view our free e-book. Then just download our free .pdf e-book by clicking on the down arrow in the top center.

For more information on all my free e-patterns, e-printables and e-books please CLICK HERE.

Please respect My Terms of Use:  All patterns, e-patterns, printables, e-printables, e-books, graphics, tutorials, how-to's, articles and other e-products © 2004-2023 Linda Walsh Originals-Designs by Linda Walsh. All rights reserved. Commercial selling or reselling by any means prohibited without the written consent of Linda Walsh.

Patterns, e-patterns, printables, e-printables, e-books, graphics, tutorials, how-to's, articles and other e-products are for personal use only. You may not modify, photocopy, download, upload, post, transmit, display, perform, publish, license, reprint, create derivative works from, mass duplicate, re-sell, digitize, and reproduce in any other form (print, digital or electric) or commercially apply, embed, share, Email, or redistribution in any other means. Use of any of the above is prohibited without the written permission of Linda Walsh.

However, you may link to my website(s)/blog(s) and the individual page(s)/blog post(s) (including 1 picture) but do not copy, reprint or duplicate my website(s)/blog(s) or individual page(s)/post(s ) without my permission.

Items made from Linda Walsh Originals E-Patterns are intended for personal use for fun or small scale personal and business profit as long as you credit us with the design. Large scale commercial use (i.e. mass production) of items made from Linda Walsh Originals E-Patterns are by permission only.

Please see my Terms and Conditions for additional information.

Copyright © 2004 - 2023 - All Rights Reserved - Written By Linda Walsh of Linda Walsh Originals and Linda's Blog. Linda is a doll maker and doll pattern designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment