Monday, July 25, 2022

How-To Create Some Beautiful Floral, Wreath and Leaf Crafts For Your Fall Decorating Purposes


As you know there is just something about the Fall decorating season that just inspires me to craft.  For sure it definitely gets my muse in overdrive.  

Every year around this time I can start to feel it. This urge to create that starts to show itself, again.

It starts slowly and builds gradually until it reaches a full-blown crescendo in November. But, I can feel it starting and I know that I won't have any control over it, once again.  You can't fight your muse, so why not enjoy it.

I find myself wanting to sew, create floral arrangements or craft something.  Anything. LOL

Due to all the different types of crafts I've learned over the years the media could be anything: from mixed media, to paper-clay sculpting, painting, sewing, paper crafts, stamping, etc. You just never know.

Or, I have to sew some more dolls or other fabric decorations. Like I need any more crafts! But, that's a subject for another article!

The point is, I just have to create - SOMETHING! ANYTHING! The more the merrier! At least as far as I'm concerned.  Hubby - well, that's another matter.  LOL

Of course, my husband would say; "Why don't you create doing the housework!" Nah! That's no fun.

My muse has got a creative mind all its own. And, it definitely urges me in one direction. It doesn't do housework so look out, anyone or anything that gets in its way. HaHa....

Forget the housework - what's a little dirt and dust! Forget the shopping - who needs to eat! Forget the bills - YIKES!!! Forget the family! Oh, boy! That's a no-no! Forget eating - that's okay - it's called creativity dieting!

So, what is it during this season that takes over? I'm not sure but I know that I'm not alone with this. Many crafters that I've talked to tell me that they also experience this. It might be at different times of the year, but they know when it's starting. Maybe it's a crafting thing? When you're in the "crafting", "creating" mode you are "IN THE MODE."

Creative ideas invade your thoughts. I've even had them invade my dreams. You can't sleep - you have to get up and write down your thoughts.  Better keep a pad of paper and pencil next to the bed!

And, when I'm in the mode, I'll craft or sew a lot of things. I might put together multiple numbers of floral arrangements, or anything else that I seem to want to create.

I don't know about you, but I'm a little obsessive when it comes to my sewing. I have to cut everything out first, then sew everything, then put everything together. That means if I have 20 items to cut out I cut all twenty before I start to sew anything. The same holds true for crafting.

In any event, I never said my way was the way to go about it. It's just my way of feeding my muse. Maybe I should call it my "overly obsessive creative muse?"

I'd like to say that my muse has only occurred when I was an adult except that wouldn't be true.

As a child I loved to sew all my Christmas presents and Fall is a perfect time to start on Christmas presents? I come from a large family so there were quite a few presents to make.

Maybe it's the act of making presents to give to my loved ones? Generosity drives it? Hmmm..... Probably not.

Maybe it's because for every holiday as a child I would scour the woods for materials to make a centerpiece? Or, every holiday season the family would gather together to make a new Christmas decoration? Hmmm.... Probably not.

Maybe it's just because I come from a family of crafters and sewers? It's just plain in my genes - in my DNA. Hmmm.......

Is that possible? Can a person have a creative muse in their DNA? Hmmmm......

I don't know. I just know that I'm not alone with this. Other crafters have told me they, too, have felt their muse is in overdrive. I know my sister does.  It always invades her sleep. Maybe the both of us have "creative muses" in our DNA?

I don't know if I'll ever find out. Maybe, however, I should stop worrying about it and just enjoy the "creative" moments? 

Since Fall is one of my favorite seasons of the year it pleases me immensely to ponder which Fall decorations to display this year. Truth be told I've made a lot of them.  I simply can't help it - I love to decorate.

So I thought you might enjoy a few free how-to's now for creating some beautiful floral, wreath and leaf crafts that you can use for your Fall decorating purposes. If you're anything like me you need plenty of time between now and the Fall to create all your decorations.   Just click on the link below for the craft you're interested in.

Enjoy your muse. It really does have your best interests at heart. Hmmmmmm.... Does it?






All of my "Needle-Felting Crafts Freebies" are on my "My Free E-Patterns, E-Printables, E-Tutorials, and E-Books" Pinterest board. If you would like to see my board just CLICK HERE.

All of my free e-patterns, e-printables, e-books & tutorials are also view-able and downloadable on my Google Drive.

Please respect My Terms of Use:  All patterns, e-patterns, printables, e-printables, e-books, graphics, tutorials, how-to's, articles and other e-products © 2004-2023 Linda Walsh Originals-Designs by Linda Walsh. All rights reserved. Commercial selling or reselling by any means prohibited without the written consent of Linda Walsh.

Patterns, e-patterns, printables, e-printables, e-books, graphics, tutorials, how-to's, articles and other e-products are for personal use only. You may not modify, photocopy, download, upload, post, transmit, display, perform, publish, license, reprint, create derivative works from, mass duplicate, re-sell, digitize, and reproduce in any other form (print, digital or electric) or commercially apply, embed, share, Email, or redistribution in any other means. Use of any of the above is prohibited without the written permission of Linda Walsh.

However, you may link to my website(s)/blog(s) and the individual page(s)/blog post(s) (including 1 picture) but do not copy, reprint or duplicate my website(s)/blog(s) or individual page(s)/post(s ) without my permission.

Items made from Linda Walsh Originals E-Patterns and E-Books are intended for personal use for fun or small scale personal and business profit as long as you credit us with the design. Large scale commercial use (i.e. mass production) of items made from Linda Walsh Originals E-Patterns are by permission only.

Please see my Terms and Conditions for additional information.

Copyright © 2004 - 2023 - All Rights Reserved - Written By Linda Walsh of Linda Walsh Originals and Linda's Blog. Linda is a doll maker and doll pattern designer.

1 comment:

  1. Bernice Chong10:03 PM

    That looks so cool Linda, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete