Monday, August 09, 2021

My Mixed Media Paper Doll Art Pictures



Back in May I posted about some mixed media paper doll art pictures I had made based on JoAnn Robinson's mixed media digital paper doll images I had purchased from her waifsNwhatnots Etsy store.   I saw them and just fell in love with them.  They were just adorable and I knew I had to create something with them.  

As I usually do I got carried away and ended up buying a lot of her digital images and making mixed media paper doll art pictures with them.  My Linda's Blog post is here.

If you've been following my last two Linda's Blog posts you know where I'm going with this.  After making my paper dolls for "The Progressive Paper Dolly Party" on Facebook I thought - hmmmm - these would make for some adorable mixed media paper art dolls art pictures utilizing my paper doll designs.  

So, not only did I make a bunch of stand alone paper dolls to hang on my walls for the swap but decided they would make for adorable mixed media paper doll art pictures of my own images.  So, of course, I made some.

And, as always, I got carried away.  Moderation just isn't in my DNA and it's time I got used to that....lol.

I ended up making eleven of them.  Seven that can be up most of the year and four that are seasonal and holiday related. 

I had intended several to be gifts for others but, like the stand alone paper dolls I made, they are just so colorful on the walls and hubby just loves them.  So, none of them will make it out of our house.....lol.

As is my usual modus operandi I sponge painted all of the backgrounds of the art boards.  After I was happy with the backgrounds I started adding the paper dolls and the embellishments.



I have made a ton of decorations for the fall, halloween, thanksgiving, christmas, winter, and spring seasons and holidays.  I don't really have a lot of summer craft decorations so I decided to create a beach themed paper doll and though that a mermaid would be perfect.  After all, what's more summery than a mermaid.

Her embellishments were paper flowers, silk florals, paper reeds, ribbon bows, metallic paints, and stabilo pencil shadowing.

I loved how she came out so much she became my favorite mixed media paper doll art picture.  

>


I loved my beach themed stand alone paper doll so much I decided to create a beach themed mixed media paper doll art picture.  

She's wearing an early 1900's beach outfit and carrying an oar and sign.  She has a large headdress on with paper flower and coral embellishments, ribbon embellishments and fiber embellishments.  Metallic painted flip flops finish her feet.



I have always loved fairies, mother nature and nature fantasy art.  So, I decided to create a few faeries as I had a lot of scrapbook papers that I just loved.

The theme for the paper doll art picture above is "Magic Happens" and "She decided to start living the life she imagined."

I decided to make her more of a nature child as I couldn't find any images I thought would be suitable for faerie wings, so a nature love child she is.

Her embellishments were paper flowers, lace trims, a creative embroidery lace butterfly, fiber embellishments, metallic paints, and stabilo pencil shadowing.

I just love all her soft pink colors and love how she turned out. 



The second faerie I made was similar to the first except she was more 'Mother Nature" than faerie.

Her theme was "Anything Is Possible, You Just Have to Believe."

Her embellishments were paper flowers, silk florals, paper reeds, ribbons bows, a creative embroidery butterfly, metallic paints, and stabilo pencil shadowing.

I love her colors and love how her outfit turned out.



The third faerie I made was done all in my sister's favorite blue colors - just to drive her crazy.......lol.

Plus, she's really a blue butterfly faerie.

I know, I'm picking on her....lol.  Truth be told I love designing with my sister in mind.  Some times my creations make it out of the house and to her house.  Right now she's hanging up in my house as hubby just loves her.

Her embellishments were paper flowers, silk florals, paper reeds, fiber embellishments, metallic paints, and stabilo pencil shadowing.

She definitely is right out of a fairy tale.



My fourth fantasy art picture paper doll was similar to the steampunk stand alone paper doll I had made.  

Her theme is "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

Her embellishments were paper flowers, a creative embroidery lace fan, fringe trims, lace trims, fiber embellishments, metallic paints, and stabilo pencil shadowing.



My fifth fantasy art picture turned out to be a Victorian Cinderella like lady.

Her embellishments were paper flowers, lots of lace trims, silk florals, metallic paints, and stabilo pencil shadowing.

I just love how her Victorian dress turned out.  I was skeptical that all the lace would work for the dress and the art picture but it did. Yea!



Of course I couldn't create any mixed media paper art doll pictures without creating some with seasonal and holiday themes - could I?

I decided to create a Victorian lady for my Fall themed picture an utilize some of my own paper designs.  Her outfit consists of several of my fall themed scrapbook paper designs from my Linda Walsh Originals Fall Gallery.  Several of her pumpkin images were also from that collection.

Her embellishments were paper flowers, lace trims, silk florals, paper reeds, creative embroidery lace flowers, metallic paints, and stabilo pencil shadowing.

What I love about how she turned out is that all of her fall colors blend into the fall backgrounds in the picture.  Kind of like everything in the Fall does.



Of course I couldn't create any mixed media paper art doll pictures without creating a Halloween themed art picture with witches and ghosts and even a Frankenstein - could I?

For my Halloween themed art picture I decided to utilize some of my own digital images and scrapbook paper designs.  the scary house, scary witch, Frankenstein, ghosts, brown tree, and jack-o-lanterns all came from my Halloween scrapbook paper designs.

Her embellishments were paper flowers, fiber yarns for her braided hair, fiber embellishments, paper reeds, metallic paints, and stabilo pencil shadowing.

I love how this art picture came out and can't wait to put her up at Halloween.



You can't have holiday mixed media paper doll art pictures without including some for Christmas - can you?

Christmas is my favorite time of the year for decorating but I try not to forget the real reason for the holiday.  So I decided to create an angel, as shown in the picture above, and a nativity scene, as shown in my next Linda's Blog post.

My angels embellishments were paper flowers, fiber embellishments, lace trims, a creative embroidery lace and beaded embellishment, metallic paints, and stabilo pencil shadowing. Beautiful Victorian angel images surround her.

All in all I was very happy with the way all my mixed media paper doll art pictures turned out and hope you like them, too.

Copyright © 2004 - 2023 - All Rights Reserved - Designed and Written By Linda Walsh

No comments:

Post a Comment