Saturday, May 29, 2021

A Mixed Media Art Picture For My Grandson


As mentioned in my previous post, over a year ago JoAnn Robinson, who is an amazing artist, posted about some of the mixed media digital paper doll images that she had created.   I saw them and just fell in love with them.  They were just adorable and I knew I had to create something with them.  

Jo is an online friend of mine from some of my Artful Gathering online classes who sells her digital art in her waifsNwhatnots Etsy store.  As I usually do I got carried away and ended up buying a lot of her digital images.  I just couldn't resist them.

Well, as craft projects usually go with me I wasn't able to play with them until a couple of weeks ago and play I did.  Jo's paper art doll images are just so much fun to create with and I couldn't resist creating mixed media art paper art doll pictures on art boards.  

When I saw one of Jo's art doll digital images of a Victorian man in the moon I knew I had to make a picture from him as a graduation present present for my grandson.  He would be perfect as a handmade gift that I could give him and the words were definitely fitting for a college graduation.  

I decided to sponge paint him using 6 different masculine metallic colors and added lace for a 3d effect for his ascot as well as adding paper flowers, ribbon embellishments and button embellishments.




I wanted his image to stand out from the art board so I pasted his image to thick watercolor art pages and then pasted those to the art board I had sponge painted.

 

I still have a lot left to create when I get a chance.  I'm not sure when that will be but I do, eventually, end up with some free time when I can play with Jo's paper art doll images again.   

If you get a chance to visit Jo's waifsNwhatnots Etsy shop to see her adorable paper doll images I hope you end up playing like I did.  Way, way too much fun for a senior citizen to be having.... lol

Copyright © 2004 - 2023 - All Rights Reserved - Written By Linda Walsh

No comments:

Post a Comment