Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I Wouldn't Know What To Write In A Blog?


If you are familiar with me and my websites you know that I love blogs and that I have a lot of them. In fact, I've got 7 at Blogger.com, 3 at GoDaddy.com, 1 journal on AOL, 1 My Spaces at MSN, 1 Yahoo 360 page, 1 blog at Bravenet.com, 1 at Tagworld.com, 1 on Return On Affiliate, and 1 at Live Journal.

Why would I have so many blogs. Well, there are a couple of reasons. First and foremost, I love to experiment. Second, they all have different features. And, third, I was trying to see which one might be the best one to use for my grandson.

I haven't tried MySpace.com, IBlogs.com, SquareSpace.com, Blogster.com, Weblogs.com, Myblogs.com, Blogdrive.com, Shadows.com, or Xanga.com yet. But, I will. I'd like to try Typepad.com but I'm too cheap to pay for it when there are so many great blog websites that are FREE.

So, I thought since I was trying so many different types of blogs that I should write about them in a series. That way if you're looking to start a blog you'd know which features I liked the best on the ones that I'd tested so far. Of course, it's all just my opinion of the things that I like. You might not agree or you might be looking for something else. Whatever.

For those of you that are unfamiliar with a blogs there has been a blog explosion or blog phenomenon on the internet during the last few years. Blogs started out as journals for writing down ones thoughts and opinions and have mushroomed into full blown websites used both personally and commercially. Just about everyone and anyone has a blog. In fact, if you type "blogs" into Goggle you will come up with 1,230,000,000 entries. That's a lot of entries for something that virtually didn't exist over a decade ago. Unbelievable.

If you're in business you have a blog. If you're a political commentator you have a blog. If you want to share your thoughts, photo's, adventures, etc. you have a blog. If you have a hobby you love and want to share with others who love that hobby as well you have a blog. If you're a celebrity you have a blog. If you just want to keep track of what's going on in your life and share it with your family you have a blog. If you're a grandparent and want to tell family stories and share pictures you have a blog. If you want to share your opinion of how the country is being run and politics you have a blog.

If you just want to share recipes with your friends you have a blog. If you want to show off your latest creations you have a blog. If you're a commentator you have a blog. If you're a teenager and you want to share your day, your gripes, your pictures, etc. with your friends you have a blog. If you just like to listen to yourself speak you have a blog. If you're in a long distance relationship you have a blog. If you're a global family you have a blog. If you just want to feel like you're part of the internet world you have a blog.

Blogs have become the way to communicate your thoughts, your ideals, your opinions, your hopes, your desires, in effect, your life. They have replaced the lovely tradition of handwritten letters. While I love and cherish the tradition of handwritten letters blogs are a much better way to communicate to a lot of people in a fast paced society. If your blog is made public then they open the world up to everyone else. How wonderful is that? People on one side of the globe can read about the lives of people on the other side of the globe. Amazing. Simply amazing and astonishing.

When I tell people how wonderful blogs are they always comment, "I'm not a writer. I wouldn't know what to write about. I'm not an expert on anything." Well, the GOOD NEWS is you DON'T HAVE TO BE! You don't have to be a writer. You don't have to be an expert on anything. Your blog can be about anything you want it to be. There are no blog rules. There are no blog police. Your blog is just that. It's your blog. It can be whatever you want it to be. There are no right ways and wrong ways in the blogging community.

Come on. It's time you joined the blogging community.

No comments:

Post a Comment