Sunday, April 14, 2019

Re-Designs For My Swaddling Babies Baby Fabrics



One of my all time favorite doll designs is my "Baby Nicky" doll. He's a baby shower centerpiece doll that I designed based upon my grandson "Nicky" who has the most wonderful, curly head of hair you could ever imagine. I just LOVE it and would love to swap hair with him. Of course, he hates it.

If you've been following my Linda's Blog you know that "Baby Nicky" is involved in a lot of what goes on in "The Dollie Storage Room" and was the impetus for my "It's Raining Baby Showers" product lines.

When I was designing new patterns a couple of years ago I wanted to design some more baby shower centerpieces and favors or ornaments to compliment "Baby Nicky."

While thinking about what to make for favors I  thought about my grandson, Nicky, who was born 31 weeks premature.   He had spent 9 weeks in a special care nursery and I remembered that the nurses would wrap him in a swaddling blanket which allowed them to easily carry him around. They always looked like they were carrying him around like a football.

The nurses taught all the family members how to bathe, feed, and dress Nicky so I learned how to wrap my grandson in a swaddling blanket. So, I thought maybe a favor with baby heads sticking out of a swaddling blanket would be cute and created a couple primitive favor ornaments.  I loved the ornaments shown in the picture at the start of this post that I decided to create a new line  of custom fabric designs for my baby shower fabric lines and designed the Swaddling Baby Heads Fabric Designs Collection.  

In thinking about what kind of graphics to create for my "Swaddling Babies" designs I wanted graphics that were adorable and fun. I also wanted fabrics that you could coordinate with each other and make wonderful baby shower decorations or nursery home decor gifts from.

No comments:

Post a Comment