Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cross-Stitch Kits I Bought This Spring


Sometimes I think I've become obsessed with cross-stitch.  I don't know why I should be as whenever I start a cross-stitch project I do nothing but curse counting stitches.  I almost always get lost in the diagrams and end up finishing a row  or column ahead of where I should be.  Then I have to rip it all out and re-do my stitching.

But, when I come to the end of the cross-stitch I'm always pleased at the results.  On the other hand, my brother usually isn't happy when he knows how many cross-stitch or craft projects I'm working on for gift giving.  The reason is because it inevitably ends up being work for him. You see I love to finish my cross-stitch in wood shadowboxes and I need him to help me make them.

Actually, I think he complains just to put on a show - he really does love working on the projects with me.  And, I love working in his shop.  It's really amazing.

In any event, I bought a few (well, make that many) cross-stitch kits this Spring.  In fact, based upon the list below you might say I went a little overboard! Ya think!

Here's what I bought:

Timeless Elegance Ornaments Cross-Stitch Kit

Icy Snowflake 2003 (beaded kit)


Dimensions Gold Collection Playful Snowman Ornaments Counted Cross Stitch


New Flowers & Lace Counted Cross Stitch Kit-14""X14"" 14 Count New


Dimensions Learn-A-Craft Home & Heart Stamped Cross Stitch Kit: 6" Round


Dimensions Needlecrafts Crewel, Summer Welcome


Dimensions Santa & Snowman Ornaments Counted Cross-Stitch Kit


Dimensions Moonlit Cabin Counted X-Stitch Kit


Dimensions Gold Collection Petite Morning Lake Counted Cross Stitch Kit: 7x5


Cotton 14 Ct Needlecrafts Counted Cross Stitch Kits Animal, Cardinal Joy Mini Banner Diy Embroidery Needlework Set


Home Sweet Home - Cross-Stitch Pattern


Dimensions(R) 14 Inch Counted Cross Stitch - Jolly Santa Banner


Dahlia Basket - Cross-Stitch Pattern


Very Victorian Bookmark


Dimensions Live Life Mini Crewel Embroidery Kit: 5x7

Dimensions Gold Collection Counted Cross Stitch Kit (9" Long) 2 Per Package - Bookmarks

Some of the projects will take awhile - others should be fairly quick.  Needless to say - I have a lot to work on.  I'll let you know what I think about each of the kits below after I've finished them.

I'm not sure whether I'll finish them all with wood shadowboxes.  I'd like to vary it a bit.  Maybe some with be finished with wood, some with cloth, and some, well, that will be a surprise.  I'll be sure to include pictures in my post.  Wish me luck in getting it all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment