Saturday, July 04, 2009

My Favorite Time Of The Year - Fall


I know that it will come as no surprise to all of you, but I just LOVE decorating - especially if it's for the Fall season.

Well, maybe add the Christmas season to that.

Maybe even add the Spring season to that.

Go ahead add the Summer season to that as well.

Maybe I should say I just LOVE decorating for every season.

Ya think!

However, if I had to choose a favorite season it would have to be Fall.

Maybe it has to do with the beautiful and vibrant colors of the season and the cool crispness of the Fall air.

Maybe it's the amazing array of vibrant colors of the Fall silk florals.

Maybe it's  the vibrant colors of fall fabrics.

Whatever it is -  I'm drawn to them.  I just LOVE them and LOVE decorating with all of them.  They invigorate me.

But it isn't just decorating with vibrant Fall colors.  Something happens in the Fall that seems to trigger my inner design creativity - my muse.

Maybe it's the vibrant colors and the multitudes of design possibilities for Fall doll designs. I'm not sure.

I just find that at this time of the year more than any other I get the urge to design, create, and sew.  Like an urge waiting at the door all year for the signal that it's time.  And, when it is - look out.  Creativity is at an all time high.  It doesn't necessarily mean it's creativity at it's best.  It just means it's an urge that can't be ignored.  At least - not for me. 

For the last few weeks I could feel the urge starting.  I've been looking at some of my works in progress, some of my to-do's, and some of the kits I've bought from time to time.  I've even caught myself just looking at some of my fabric stashes.

There are dolls waiting to be sewn.  Kits waiting to be put together and designs on napkins and little pieces of paper waiting for me to do something with them.

It's like a hoard of designs all waiting for the signal.  Waiting to pounce.  It's time, it's time - come on - it's time!  Time to unleash the muse.....  

But, I can't - not yet.  Down muse - down!

I have too much else to do right now.  There is no time for my muse.

I'm sorry to say that muse, but it's true.  I have no time for you right now.  You will have to wait just a little longer. 

So, I've decided that maybe I can calm my muse down by doing a little decorating - a little Fall decorating.

Maybe this just may put my muse in abeyance for just a little longer.

Now, that might be a solution for me, but don't tell my husband that.

You see, while he loves the look of all the Fall decorations he doesn't necessarily enjoy the work involved in getting it that way.

It means we will be going up and down and up and down the basement stairs bringing all my Fall floral decorations up and bringing all my Summer decorations down.  The new ones come out and the old ones get put away.  It's a lot of work and something that drives my husband crazy.

Up and down we go.

And, each and every time I go by my fabric stashes, my dolls waiting to be put together, and my designs waiting to be finalized.

I almost have to swerve to avoid them as I feel if I get too close they'll grab me and pull me into their web - never to be seen again for months on end. My muse will get me and it will win.

So, I don't get too close.

I have so much to do right now.  I can't give in to my inner creativity.

Down MUSE!  Down I say!

Please stay away - MAYBE for just a little while longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment