Wednesday, April 23, 2014

What Should I Make? New Faux Suede Fabric


As you all know I just LOVE designing fabrics and have many fabric collections over the last couple of years.  Some of those fabric collections revolve around baby showers so when asked me if I wanted to test a swatch of their new Faux Suede fabric I jumped at the chance to test one of my new baby shower fabric designs.

I ordered the fabric design above which is an 4.0" by 4.0" design and received my swatch two weeks ago.  Well, I have to tell you that I love the fabric.  It's very soft and has a wonderful feel too it.  I deliberately chose a small, detailed design to see how the details of the baby faces and details on the balloons would be and how vivid the colors would be. I have to say they're all amazing.  The details are very clear and the colors are beautiful.  I love it.

The question now is what should I make with my 8" by 8" swatch? Any ideas?

Here's what  about their Faux Suede:

Faux Suede

Faux Suede is a medium-weight, 100% polyester sueded woven, perfect for those projects that require a soft, durable fabric including upholstery. This latest addition to our lineup features vibrant colors with a slight sheen, a stain-resistant finish and is soft to the touch thanks to its napped finish
100% polyester woven napped fabric

54" wide printable area (137 cm)
7.5 oz per square yard
Thread count: 178 x 89
Appropriate for bags, upholstery, pillows, structured clothing, and toys
Estimated shrinkage: 1% in length
Testing is recommended for applications where the printed fabric will be exposed to heavy abrasion (rubbing).
Wash separately in cool or warm water using a gentle machine cycle. Machine dry using a low temperature setting. If required, iron with a light touch on the reverse side of the fabric using a synthetic setting only. Ironing on the face of the fabric may result in crushing and higher iron temperatures may result in color transfer and melting of fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment