Wednesday, February 19, 2014

What Should I Make? New Xmas Fabric Design


As you all know I just LOVE designing fabrics and have several ideas in my head for some new holiday designs.  Several of those designs revolve around Xmas festivities so when asked me if I wanted to test a swatch of their new Silk Faille fabric I jumped at the chance to test one of my new Xmas fabric designs.

I ordered the fabric design above which is an 8.0"3 by 8.03" design and received my swatch the end of January.

Here's what said about their Silky Faille:

Silky Faille

100% polyester fabric
54" wide printable area (137 cm)
White, 4.4 oz per square yard
Thread count: 145 x 73
Light-to-medium-weight, with excellent draping properties
Crisp, bright color that washes well
Appropriate for drapes, dresses, blouses, and scarves
Estimated shrinkage: 2-3%
Wash separately in cool or warm water using a gentle machine cycle. Machine dry using a low temperature setting. If required, use an iron with a light touch on a synthetic setting only. Higher iron temperatures may result in color transfer and melting of fabric.

I have to tell you that I love the fabric.  It's very silky but not too thin and the colors are amazing.  The question is what should I make with my 8" by 8" swatch? Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment