Friday, December 06, 2013

My Punky Handmade Place-mat With Hand Embroidered Leaves and Pumpkins


LW530 Punky Handmade Place-mat With Hand Embroidered Leaves and Pumpkins - 20" by 16" Custom Fabric Handmade Place-mat

I've always loved doilies, runners, and place-mats and LOVE making them as well as decorating with them. In fact one of the first quilted gifts I made for my Mother many, many, many years ago was a set of Fall place-mats and runners.

So, when designing some of my custom fabrics I decided I wanted to design some Fall themed custom fabrics that could be used to make all sorts of quilted items like place-mats, runners, curtains, pillows, totes, mini-quilts, etc.

One of those Fall themed custom fabrics I used this year was my Punky With White Background custom fabric design. I thought it would look adorable as a place-mat on one of my end tables with the center block in a log cabin quilted design with brown quilted back liner. Hand embroidered and blanket stitched pumpkins and leaves adorn the place-mat which is surrounded with a green ruffle. Ribbon trim is added to the left and right hand sides of the center block for accent decorations.

Hopefully, the e-pattern will available next year so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment