Saturday, September 14, 2013

For The Love Of Primitive Dolls & Crafts


Primitive dolls and crafts come in all shapes, sizes and medium. You just never know what you'll see. Cute, ugly, very primitive, extreme primitive, raggedy, Annie's, Andy's, coffee or tea stained. Cloth, paperclay, wood, metal, whatever.....

With or without animals, crows, saltbox houses, rusty springs, etc. Rag dolls, simple lines, folk-art, prairie dolls, rural and rustic. Or, just making do with anything you have to make a doll or craft. Corn husks, mattress springs, rusty pins, black crows, rags, old withered signs, whatever....

Sometimes the uglier the better. The more bizarre the face the better. Button eyes, no eyes, X's for eyes, whatever....

Triangle noses, zig-zag noses, square noses,  raised noses, whatever....

Worn areas, frayed fabrics, stained areas, whatever....

Full heads of hair, bald heads, tuffs of hair just on the tops, or hair along the sides with the backs totally bare, whatever.....

The whatever is what I think attracts them to so many people and is what makes them so much fun to make. I know that I love to make them and hope you like my own primitive designs as well as the primitive dolls I've made over the years based on other designers patterns.

My Primitve Doll Designs


For more information on my Primitive Doll E-Patterns please CLICK HERE.

COPYRIGHT © 2004-2013 All Rights reserved - Linda Walsh of Linda Walsh Originals

Primitive Dolls I Have Made Based On Other Designers Patterns


For more information on my handmade Primitive Dolls please CLICK HERE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment