Friday, June 22, 2012

I'm Making Progress On My Crazy Quilting 101 Purse

Things never seem to go as planned - do they? Well, at least not as far as I'm concerned.

I had wanted to spend the better part of this week watching the video's from the Crazy Quilting 101 Artful Gathering 2012 class that I am taking from Pat Winter. However, life got in the way, the hot weather took it's toll, and errands had to be done. So........

I hope you noticed that I didn't say cleaning had to be done. Who can clean when they have beautiful crazy quilt arrangements floating around in their head?

So, I didn't get a chance to watch all the videos. I did manage, however, to at least add my laces and trims. I must have re-positioned the lace and trims 100 times until I finally got a color balance that I liked.

Next is the stitching along some of the edges.  I haven't quite decided whether I'll add feather stitches, Cretan stitches, lazy daisy stitches, herringbone stitches, or chevron stitches as of yet and where I'll place them.

After that comes the really fun stuff that I'm so looking forward to. And, believe it or not it has nothing to do with dolls. But, it does have to do with flowers. We learn how to add silk ribbon embroidered flowers like spiderweb roses, Fargo roses, ribbon stitch flowers, pansies, tulips, iris, or hydrangea. Since I'm partial to iris and hydrangea I think the'll be a lot of those in my finished purse. We'll see.

After that comes the beading and little embellishments.

Oh, what FUN I'm having. I have found a new calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment