- About Me
- Contact Me
- Main Website
- My Handmade Animals, Dolls & Crafts
- My Amazon Handmade Shop
- My Digital Instant Download E-Patterns
- My ETSY Shop
- My Fabric Designs
- Cut and Sew Dolls & Crafts
- My Fabric Designs Blog
- Alpacas Rock
- Alpacas Rock Products Gallery
- It's Raining Doll Parties
- It's Raining Doll Parties Products Gallery
- It's Raining Baby Showers
- It's Raining Baby Showers Products Gallery
- Gray Is Beautiful
- Gray Is Beautiful Products Gallery
- The Dolls Product Lines Series
- Linda Walsh Originals Sprout Patterns Projects
- Linda Walsh Originals Roostery.com Shop
- The History of Faceless Dolls
- Victorian Era Blog
- Dollie Storage Room
- Linda's "Stories"
- Book and Crafts Review Corner
- Tips For Crafters
- My Faceless Beauties Video
- Best Free Craft Articles
- Top Blogs By Crafters
- Inspired Creations By D
- How-To Guide for Digital Goods/Products Downloads
- My Free E-Patterns, E-Printables, & E-Books
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
I've Decided To Give Etsy One More Try
I have to admit that I've had a LOVE/HATE relationship with Etsy over the years. I LOVE all the astonishing creations over there, but HATE the fact there are so many astonishing creations over there. Sounds like a paradox - doesn't it?
Now don't get me wrong. I don't hate the beautiful creations and talented artists and crafters on Etsy. I LOVE artists and crafters. In fact, I think it's wonderful that there are so many astonishing artists and craters selling their goods on the web.
It's just that with so many amazing creations to buy it's had to get noticed. There's that paradox again! Love all the creations - hate all the creations!
I opened my Etsy shop in March of 2008 and added a few e-patterns. At the time I was into so many other things (albeit they were my websites and blogs) I didn't really pay much attention to Etsy. As a result I only had one sale. So, I let my Etsy shop lapse for several years until last Summer when I decided to add a few of my handmade holiday dolls.
They got a lot of attention - but, no sales. So, I let my Etsy shop lapse once again.
Well, then I started noticing that Etsy had added a Pinterest button to all the products. If you're a reader of my Linda's Blog you know how much I LOVE Pinterest. And, I was pinning some of the astonishing creations that I had found from some of the artists and crafters I so admire on Etsy to my Pinterest boards. So, I decided to re-stock my Etsy shop and give Etsy one more try.
I don't know whether or not I'll have any luck on Etsy this go round. If I do maybe I'll finally get rid of that LOVE/HATE relationship I have with Etsy? Maybe I'll actually end up loving it? Wouldn't that be nice.