Tuesday, April 17, 2012

If You Don't Want Anyone Pinning Your Website Or Blog

I LOVE Pinterest.com, but that's me.  You might not like it and might not want anyone pinning your website or blog.  If that's the case there is a very easy coding fix to handle that.

Just add the following line of code before the <head> bracket:

***meta name="pinterest" content="nopin"

In order to get the code to show up here I had to add the ***.  When you add the code to your website or blog remove the *** asterisks first.

If someone tries to pin a window will pop-up saying, "This site doesn't allow pinning to Pinterest. Please contact the owner with any questions. Thanks for visiting!"

It's that easy.

If you'd like to see how this works please go to my "I Love Crafts and Craft Blogs" blog and try pinning.  You won't be able to.

For those of you who don't want anyone pinning this is a very quick and easy solution.


No comments:

Post a Comment