Monday, June 13, 2011

I Just Love Crazy Quilt Gatherings Magazine

If you've been following along all these years with my blog posts here and on my various blogs you know that I LOVE crazy quilting and embroidery and admire the artists who create fiber works of art. I can spend hours and hours browsing through the blogs of some of my crazy quilting online friends and salivating at their creations. I just love to look at all the amazing creations and dream of creating some myself.

Over the years I've reviewed and posted on my I Love Crafts & Craft Blogs blog about some of the amazing crazy quilters blogs that I've become aware of through my Top Blogs By Crafters toplist.  My  I Love Crafts & Craft Blogs posts and links to each of the blogs is shown below:

1) Pat Winter of Gatherings at

2) Janet Popish of "I'm going crazy; you come, too"   blog at

3) Charlene's "When This You See Remember Me"  blog at

4) Pamela Kellogg's "Kitty & Me Designs"  blog at

5) Gerry's "Sewing Southpaw"  blog at

6) Lillian's "Crazy Seoul Sister"  blog at

7) Kay's "Smockery"  blog at

8) Dale's "DownUnderDale"  blog at

9) Maureen's "KENMAURSCORNER"  blog at

10) Julia's "Julia's Place (previously named Camille's Place)"  blog at

11) Lesa's "Maddie Can Fly"  blog at

12) Jo's "No Matter Where I Go...I Always Meet Myself There" Blog at

Back in 2008 Pat Winter of "Pat Winter Gatherings" blog self-published a book entitled "My Crazy Quilting Journey" which I bought and just loved.  It was 80 pages and was all about her crazy quilting world and her creations.  If you're interested in Pat's book it can be purchased in the bookstore at .

Well, Pat  is now publishing a crazy quilting & embellishing magazine on the HP Mag Cloud website entitled "Crazy Quilt Gatherings - Celebrating Crazy Quilting of Today" which I just LOVE.  It is a magazine dedicated to crazy quilter's.

According to Pat, "Crazy Quilt Gatherings is the first of its kind. A magazine dedicated to crazy quilting. It offers various crazy quilt projects and tutorials, plenty of eye candy, stash resources, tips, contests and interviews from crazy quilters worldwide."

Crazy Quilt Gatherings Issue #1 was released in the Spring of 2011.  

Magazine Description - A magazine dedicated to crazy quilting. Featuring fiber artists, tutorials, tips, shopping sources,techniques and more. A little of everything for experienced crazy quilters as well as the novice.

Every time I pick up this issue I discover something new I hadn't noticed before and every time I find myself just astonished at all the beautiful creations.  I may have picked it up for a second, but find myself perusing it for hours on end, once again.

Crazy Quilt Gatherings Issue #2 was just released for the Summer of 2011.  

Magazine Description -Second issue of Crazy Quilt Gathering magazine. Summer 2011.   Crazy quilt projects, tips, artists to meet. Crazy quilt bell pull, Crazy Quilt watch chatelaine tutorial, Crazy Quilt watch cuff tutorial, Silk ribbon embroidery, Bullion stitch pansy, Round Robin information, and so much more.

Both issues are filled to the brim with eye candy, absolutely beautiful creations, techniques for helping you create your own fiber works of art, freebie images, events of interest, useful information, and so much more.

I bought both issues and just love browsing through the pages and looking at some of the unbelievable creations.  As I browse through the pages I find myself salivating at all the beautiful creations  - all individual works of art.  I dream of making some of them knowing full well that I could never create such beautiful pieces.  I'm not sure I have the patience for all the work that goes into the embroidered and embellished creations  - especially the beading, ribbon embroidery,  and fancy stitching.

I bought 2 of each magazine as I wanted to introduce my sister to the world of crazy quilting and creative embroidery.  She is a quilting enthusiast and I thought she'd appreciate seeing some astonishing crazy quilting and creative embroidery pieces.  Now she is salivating.

A little while ago Pat had posted in her blog about wanting to dedicate a page of her Summer Issue to our "fur babies" and was looking for pictures.  So, I sent her a picture of my beloved fur baby "Pepper."  Hubby and I lost him last June after 13 glorious years.  He was with us 24/7 and we miss him terribly.  Every time I would sit down at my sewing machine he would run over, do a little jump, and stop short just looking at me with an expression that said, "For me! What are you making for me?"  He thought everything was for him!

He was my constant companion and was involved in supervising all of my creations.    Of course he had an opinion on all of them.  Those that took the longest for me to do he didn't like as they took too much of my time away from him.   His picture (shown to the left) is on page 9. He is forever in my heart and I miss him so lying under my feet at the sewing table.

Congratulations to Pat and all the contributors of both issues of Crazy Quilt Gatherings Magazine for creating magazine issues that not only inspire, but will be saved and re-read time and time again.

On the HP MagCloud website you can preview the issues.  I hope you get a chance to preview Pat's magazines and hope your preview inspires you to order your own copy.  I bet you'll be salivating, too.


  1. Pepper was a handsome fellow, to be sure!

  2. Thanks so much Linda! I have to go rest now with an ice cap because my head is swollen a but,LOL.