Wednesday, June 10, 2009

In Sewing Heaven

I think it's really true that sometimes you forget how much you LOVE doing something if you haven't done it for awhile. I spent yesterday in SEWING BLISS or sewing heaven. I was just like a kid in a candy store and relished every single minute if it. And, of course, it got my creative juices wanting more.

You see, yesterday I spend the day working on my Santa doll for the Santa Swap over at the Cloth Doll Artistry group that I am a member of. The idea of the swap was to exchange 3 different fat quarters with your partner and then design a Santa doll around that and 3 sets of different criteria.

Well, I don't want to give all the details of the swap away or reveal my creation before we submit our pictures and all the members vote on the winners. Suffice to say I thoroughly enjoyed designing my Santa and his fat quarters clothing and thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent sewing him.

I really do love to sew and yesterday I was, once again, reminded how much.

But, now that my creative juices are flowing - oh, boy! My husband is going to kill me if I start another round of hundreds of new pattern designs! YIKES! I guess I'd better stop sewing.

Nah, I don't want to do that. I LOVE it too much.

Graphic Copyright © 2008 Denise Bailey of KKL Primitives


  1. Linda, I must take away a lesson in your love for sewing. My blog is 'Love2Dye' - yet, I have no mention of dyeing. I must get back to my favorite thing and post.

  2. Donna:

    I couldn't agree more and hope you get a chance to do some dyeing. I love the silk prints you have on your blog and in your Etsy shoppe. They're stunning. Have a great day.


  3. Hello Linda!

    You have been chosen for the The Byrum Spiritual Award

    This award means... "You make a difference ... I know, because you have for me!"
    Please stop by my blog to pick up your award...

    Thank you for being such a creative and wonderful person!


    Marcie ;-)