Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I Finally Got An Etsy Shop!

I've been having a battle with myself for over a year now as to whether I should open an Etsy shop or just sell some of my handmade dolls & crafts on eBay. There seems to be many pro's and cons for each.

I like the fact that Etsy is mainly for selling handmade items by artists and crafters and sale price is based upon the quality of handmade goods. However, eBay is like the hundred pound gorilla in the room as to audience share, but prices are reflective of customers wanting a deal and a bargain.

EBay seemed to have a fee structure that charged for everything but the kitchen sink while Etsy's fees were more reasonable with the bulk based upon a sale.

Plus, lately I'd been reading about some of eBay's largest sellers being very unhappy with the new fee structure and deserting eBay in favor of Etsy. Since I haven't been a seller on either website or even bought from anyone on either website I didn't quite know what I should do.

Someone told me that e-patterns are no longer allowed on eBay, but may be sold on Etsy so that helped me in my decision since I do sell print patterns and e-patterns.

So, I decided to start with Etsy and take it from there. I figured that I can always open up an eBay store if I want in the future for just my handmade dolls & crafts.

My Etsy shop is under the name LindaWalshOriginals and I am selling some of my handmade dolls and crafts there and will be adding some of my e-patterns in the very near future. My shop can be found at

So far I've only added 7 items to my Etsy shop, but plan to add more.

I'd like to add some of my e-patterns as well, but haven't had the time to do so as of yet. I will though and will be posting about it when I do.

I hope you get a chance to visit my new LindaWalshOriginals Etsy shop. If you do stop by please add me to your list of Etsy shops that you (heart).

If you have an Etsy shop please let me know. I'd love to add you to my list of shops I (heart).

Plus, I'd love to know what you think about Etsy versus eBay? Please leave me a comment and let me know what your experience has been.

Happy Etsy shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment