- About Me
- Contact Me
- Main Website
- My Handmade Animals, Dolls & Crafts
- My Amazon Handmade Shop
- My Digital Instant Download E-Patterns
- My ETSY Shop
- My Fabric Designs
- Cut and Sew Dolls & Crafts
- My Fabric Designs Blog
- Alpacas Rock
- Alpacas Rock Products Gallery
- It's Raining Doll Parties
- It's Raining Doll Parties Products Gallery
- It's Raining Baby Showers
- It's Raining Baby Showers Products Gallery
- Gray Is Beautiful
- Gray Is Beautiful Products Gallery
- The Dolls Product Lines Series
- Linda Walsh Originals Sprout Patterns Projects
- Linda Walsh Originals Roostery.com Shop
- The History of Faceless Dolls
- Victorian Era Blog
- Dollie Storage Room
- Linda's "Stories"
- Book and Crafts Review Corner
- Tips For Crafters
- My Faceless Beauties Video
- Best Free Craft Articles
- Top Blogs By Crafters
- Inspired Creations By D
- How-To Guide for Digital Goods/Products Downloads
- My Free E-Patterns, E-Printables, & E-Books
Monday, May 28, 2007
Let's Play Dress-Up!
"I don't know. What do you want to do?"
"Hey, I know. Let's play dress-up."
"Yeah! Let's play dress-up." "I'll be mommy."
"No, I want to be mommy."
"Mom, Linda won't let me be you."
"Linda, let your sister be me."
I can remember playing "dress-up" as a child. Can't you? What girl hasn't played "dress-up" once in her life? It's one of the most delightful escapes that "little girls" can have.
I loved putting on my Mother's clothes and imagining that I was her. Prancing around in clothes and high heels that were way too big for me. Playing dress-up for a day. Every little girl does it.
Whether you imagine being your Mother, or a famous movie star, or someone else. It doesn't matter. What matters is the delightful childhood fantasy. The pure enjoyment of living in your imagination for the briefest of times.
Making yourself into a beautiful doll!
Is it any wonder then that I love dolls and that I design doll patterns. Designing doll patterns is the ultimate "dress-up" as the dolls can be anything I want them to be. Frilly, frumpy, beautiful, ugly, Victorian, and modern. Classy, regal, elegant, refined. Anything at all.
I can play "dress-up" any time I want.
I guess you could say that I just never grew up!
Copyright © 2007 - All Rights Reserved - Written Linda Walsh of Linda Walsh Originals and Linda's Blog. Linda is a doll maker and doll pattern designer.
Graphic - Courtesy of CCDS Victorian Tube Heaven