Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Craft Fairs, Online Craft Fairs - You've Got To Love Em!

Craft Fairs and Online Craft Fairs - You've Just Got To Love Em!

I've probably been to thousands of craft fairs in my lifetime so far. Maybe more! LOL

I just love them. Hundreds and hundreds of artists and crafters all under one roof. All that talent and creativity in one place. So many, many things for me to buy. YIKES! That was always my downfall. I loved everything - and wanted to buy everything. Of course, I couldn't, but that didn't stop me from wanting to.

I was always in heaven walking around the various craft fairs that I frequented. To me everything was wonderful and marvelous. Everyone's creation was unbelievable. I was always amazed at the amount of talent all under one roof. I was always in awe. Some of the artists and crafters were just so innovative and creative.

I would scour the local papers for where the craft shows were and drag my husband, my mother, my sisters-in-law, my brother, or whoever I could find to come with me to one.

We always had a wonderful time - even though it always seemed to rain the days we were going. Hmmm..... Was that a forewarning to STAY AWAY! Stop spending money. Hmmm......Did my husband arrange that? Hmm.... He couldn't have - could he? Hmmm........

In any event, with the advent of the internet and the popularity of online craft shows I don't have to scour the local newspapers anymore. I can be up on the internet and he won't even know that I'm shopping. HeHeHe.... Isn't the internet grand?

Getting side tracked again. Oh, well!

Don't get me wrong, I still love going to my local craft shows. It's just that I've found some that I can attend each and every day if I want to. All day and all night, if I want to.

Sound intriguing? Well, it is.

Craft shows have become so popular online that a lot of websites have become year-round 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week craft show websites.

And, of course, I couldn't just shop at them - I had to join one. Throw my handmade dolls "in the hat" so to speak. Just don't tell them I said I'd "throw them in!" They all consider themselves "toooooo important and valuable" to be treated in such a disrespectful manner. Ya! Right! They're dolls - except they don't think they are. They think they're human!

Getting side tracked, again, Linda. Back to the story.

Well, a crafting friend of mine had just bought an online craft show website from another crafting friend of mine so I decided, hey - why not try it! I might just like it.

Actually, I hope I love it. I just hope I sell more than I might buy. YIKES!!! Maybe some of my handmade dolls might find a new home to "love." Maybe it might be yours.
My Linda Walsh Originals booth is going to be at the Spring Marketplace Craft Show show which is running from January 8, 2007 until March 24, 2007.

And, because I was one of the first vendors to sign up my Linda Walsh Originals Dolls ad will also be running in the next issue of Sew Primitive E-Zine. Isn't life grand?

In fact, the first 15 vendors to sign up for the new Spring Marketplace Craft Show will also get a FREE ad in the next issue of Sew Primitive E-Zine. How great is that?

I hope you get a chance to visit my Linda Walsh Originals booth at the Spring Marketplace Craft Show. I'll be there from January 8th through March 24th.

AND, GUESS WHAT? Not only will we be there from January 8th through March 24th - we'll be there after that for the rest of the year. That's right! I told you it was going to be a year long 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week craft show - didn't I?

See you there. If you're anything like me you'll be shopping in your "jammies", too!

No comments:

Post a Comment