Thursday, November 16, 2006



I've decide to eliminate my monthly Linda Walsh Originals newsletter in favor of my "Linda's Blog."

It's a BOLD step.

It's daring!

However, it's not a RASH decision.

I've been thinking about my newsletter in the context of my blogs for awhile and weighing the pro's and con's of having both.

All the experts tell you that in order to gain exposure with your customers you should do this and you should do that - one of which is to have a monthly newsletter. So I did and have been producing one for about a year now.

Well, in thinking about my newsletter I thought; "Wait a minute! I have my "Linda's Blog" which is filled with information on what's going on at Linda Walsh Originals and which I'm posting to if not every other day, then at least once a week. Why do I need to duplicate my efforts when I've got my blog?"

In fact, with all of my blogs there's plenty of opportunity to find out what's going on at my websites. Plenty of exposure.

And, I LOVE MY BLOGS! They are so easy to post to and are so versatile. Does it make any sense to continue to generate a newsletter which is really duplicate work? It's difficult to create and takes a lot of time. My blog posts are a snap to create and post to.

Plus, my customers and blog readers can SUBSCRIBE to my blogs. That way every time I post an article they can either get an email, add my blog to their feed readers, add my blog to their customized pages, etc. They have any multiple number of ways to see my blog posts. What could be better than that?

Why be redundant with a monthly newsletter which contains information that is already in my blogs? In fact, they don't even really have to subscribe - if they have my blog bookmarked they can just go to my blog when they want and read my articles. It's easier to subscribe as they'd be notified every time I posted an article, but it would be up to them.

So, I'm thinking if you have blogs, monthly newsletters are not necessary. Blogs are all you need.

It's a BOLD but LOGICAL step and a step in the right direction for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment