Friday, July 28, 2006

My New "Tips For Crafters On The Web" Blog

I surely hope that I have not bitten off more than I can chew! Literally, that is. Why? Because "The Blogging Queen" has started yet ANOTHER NEW BLOG!

What? She's got to be out of her mind. She is. Or, .....I am.

So, what got into my head? Just a crazy notion overnight? Nope! Not really!

Believe it or not, but I've been mulling this one over for about a year now. That's right! For about a year.

So, Linda what's this blog about you might ask? Or, at least, I would hope you would ask.

Here's my rationale and my "Tips For Crafters On The Web" description: "Tips for Crafters on the Web" blog is my experience during the last year with setting up a small business website. I wish that when I was setting up my craft & design business that I had one source that I could go to for information. One source to at least point me in a direction. One source that could relate to my experience. One source with lists and tips, etc. This is my journal of the past year. I hope you find it helpful. I hope you find it to be your one source.

Why would I want to create a "Tips For Crafters On The Web" blog when I am not an expert on setting up small craft businesses on the web. Well, for a couple of reasons.

The first is born out of sheer frustration. I wish I had had one place to go on the web to tell me everything that I, as a crafter and pattern designer, would need to know. One place that had lists of websites for every subject, tips on where to look, and real experiences. One source, not five million.

The second reason is that I found all of the craft people that I dealt with to be so willing to help, so generous with their time and advice. I wanted to give back a little - to say thank-you. I thought by sharing my experiences during the last year that I might save another small business craft owner some time.

So, I am not an expert. I'm am a small business craft website owner who published my first website "Linda Walsh Originals" in July 2005 selling "Doll Patterns for Grown-up Girls." I now have over 30 different kinds of websites including my latest "Linda Walsh Originals Dolls" where I sell "Handmade Dolls & Crafts for Grown-up Girls."

"Tips for Crafters on the Web" blog is my journal. It's everything I have in my files. My "tips", my "lists", my "where to go", my "what to do next", my "how to do it notes", my "to do list." I thought I would relate all the experiences I have had during the last year. Hopefully, it may help some of you. I hope it does. I hope it saves you time and becomes your one source.

So, now you know why.

I hope I have not bitten off more than I can chew with this blog.

If you want to know what I might be covering just take a look at my post "So, Linda What Are Your Going To Cover?". It's a pretty ambitious undertaking I know and I may just regret it.

However, I've been collecting all my information for over a year. Before I clean house I thought I'd jot it all down in the hopes that it might benefit some of you.

I hope it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment