Monday, June 12, 2006

How About A Doll Pattern For Kids?

I was thinking the other day about my own experience learning to sew and the article I posted on my Linda's Blog entitled "Do You Have Any Doll Patterns For Beginners?". In thinking about my own sewing experiences and doll patterns I began to realize that while I do have doll patterns for beginners they're not structured for kids.

When I was learning how to sew I can remember my feeling of dread every time I looked at a pattern. They all looked like gibberish to me. I couldn't understand the words and could barely follow the diagrams. Luckily for me I had an intuitive sense of what to do. In other words, I could punt. If it came out right - wonderful. If it didn't - oh well, that's too bad. One for the trash can.

With this in mind I thought about the patterns we have today and realized how little has changed. We still don't have EASY doll patterns that kids can use.

So, I decided that I should design some doll E-Patterns specifically for kids. Doll E-Patterns that are BIG and easy to cut out, have BIG directions, and have BIG diagrams that kids can easily follow. Of course, they have to be E-Patterns for the computerized generation of kids today. Better yet they have to be Instant Download E-Patterns so the kids can get them instantly.

So, Linda, how about a doll pattern for kids? I'm working on it and hope to have some available soon.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:01 PM

    what about colonial dress patterns for preteens