Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Future Is Here Now With Instant E-Pattern Downloads

Forty plus years ago when I bought my very first pattern I don't think I would have envisioned a future where I'd be able to get a pattern instantly from my home while still in my pajamas. In fact, I probably wouldn't have envisioned that even ten years ago. Well, as with all things the years have passed, and yes I'm a lot older - but wiser, and what I couldn't predict 40+ years ago is now here. The future is upon us RIGHT NOW with Instant E-Pattern download capabilities.

If you're a reader of my Linda's Blog then you know that Linda Walsh Originals has a store at the new Pattern Mart website where they offer Instant Pattern Download capabilities.

Pattern Mart is a brand new website owed by Kelle Arvay. Kelle has done a wonderful job with the Pattern Mart website. Instead of my telling you what the Pattern Mart website has to offer I thought I'd let Kelle do it in her own words,

"We carry a wide variety of i-patterns™ (Instant Patterns) that you can download! No more waiting on an e-mail to arrive. Just purchase your pattern, make your payment and download your pattern within minutes. Be sure and read the Order Info page before you order. We also carry mailed patterns, kits and craft supplies that you can order from the original designer and have the item mailed to you. You'll find we have many pattern categories to chose from including doll patterns, quilt patterns, knitting patterns, stitchery patterns, cross stitch patterns, sewing patterns, and many more craft patterns. We also will be offering our customers online classes with some of the best designers! Be sure and check back as new patterns are being added often and don't forget to visit the online message board and come join the fun! Pattern Mart™ Staff"

Sometimes I yearn for the good old days when I was a lot younger and things seemed easier. This is not one of those times. It's so exciting to be able to instantly print my patterns, save them to my computer, and print them again and again if I want to. I can even reduce them and enlarge them. Talk about not needing any physical storage space. My husband will be thrilled that we won't have boxes and boxes of paper patterns anymore. Every once in a while I do think of him.
Ah, the future is here RIGHT NOW. It is exciting, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment