Thursday, December 14, 2017

The "Pencil" Tree - Perfect In Every Way


Every year I tell myself that I'm not going to buy any new Christmas decorations.  Well, this year I saw some tall, skinny artificial Christmas trees that I call "pencil" trees and thought they might look nice in our family room.  My sister had bought a tall, skinny artificial tree a few years ago for her living room as the tree she had was just too big for the room and was really happy with it.

The problem with our Christmas trees every year is they always end up in the dining room, living room, or sun-room.  That's okay but we spend most of our time in the kitchen and family room and there really isn't any room for a big Christmas tree.

So, I mentioned this to hubby and we went to look at them as they were on sale.  We both thought it would be nice to see a lighted Christmas tree (albeit tall and skinny) in the family room.  So, we bought one as the sale price was good and brought it home.

Each year the only decorations I put on the Christmas tree are one's I've made, my mother or sister made, or were given to me by family members and I was determined to uphold this tradition as well.  I wasn't sure the tree would be big enough to hold them all but decided I would give it my best shot.

The tree was really easy to set up and when it was finished I was happy to see that all my decorations fit perfectly.  In fact, I love the way they look on the "pencil" tree as it really highlights the decorations.

I love it.  The "dollies" love it and hubby loves it as well. It's tall, skinny, like a "pencil." It's a perfect tree.  What could be better than that?



No comments:

Post a Comment