Friday, July 04, 2014

Another Baby Alpaca Cousin For The Dollies



Mom "Zinnia" and her new 1st baby "Petunia"

Petunia standing on her own.

Petunia just after being born.

The "dollies" have been on pins and needles for several days as Zinnia was due to deliver her first baby the first two weeks of July.  They were placing their bets on a 4th of July baby alpaca cousin, but Petunia had her own schedule in mind.  She decided to come a day early.  

Given that it was Zinnia's first baby my sister was a little apprehensive as to how Zinnia would be handling this.  She came through like a trooper and to my sister's delight was very attentive to her baby.

Here's what my sister had to say, "She is here! Rock Garden Alpacas Perucoyo Petunia! Dam is Rock Garden Alpacas Perucoyo Zinnia and Sire is Accoyo Cuba Libre of Ideuma Creek Alpacas. A special thanks to my good friend Denise at Ideuma Creek for talking me through staying calm as Zinnia is a first time mom and I was not sure it was moving along as it should."

Welcome to the world Petunia.  Great job Zinnia.


No comments:

Post a Comment