Friday, February 18, 2011

I HATE Snow, But LOVE Snow-people! I Must be Demented!


I HATE Snow, But LOVE Snow-people! I Must be Demented!  Now that's a contradiction. 

If you've been following my Linda's Blog this Winter you already know how much I dislike the snow so I won't bore you any more with ranting on and on about it. 

Instead, I thought you might like to see all the wonderful snow-people who decorate our house for the Winter season.  Most are my Linda Walsh Originals creations.  Some, however, were made based on other designers patterns. 

I hope you enjoy your visit. 

The picture at the beginning of this post is the snow scene we created in our dining room fireplace. 



This delightful snowman is I call "Charlie" and he was made based upon a "From My Heart To Yours" pattern.  He stands 30" tall.  His wool hat was one of my old ones and his black derby hat was a contribution from my sister-in-law.  His flannel scarf was made from one of my younger brothers old flannel shirts. 


Homer, our adorable snow bear greet each and every visitor.  He stands 29" tall and was made based upon a "TLC Crafters" pattern. 

Sitting on his throne is "Snow Cone Sam. He's 26" and was made based upon a "Time Worn Treasures" pattern. His jeans were from my two year old grandson, Noodles. 

Next, is "Sam, The Skiing Snowman."  Hubby and I stenciled and painted his ski's.  He stands 36" tall and was made based upon a "Maggie Ann & Friends" pattern.  He's wearing one of my brothers old wool hats and the scarf around his neck is an old scarf given to us many years ago from someone in the family.  His rolled up socks belong to my younger brother. 


In our sunroom we have an array of some of my favorite little snow-man and snow-woman designs. 


On the top shelf on the left is "Isabell - Cross My Heart" who is a 7" shelf sitting snow-gal.  If you'd like to make my Linda Walsh Originals "Isabell" design please CLICK HERE for her e-pattern. 

On the top shelf on the right is "Benjamin - Cross My Heart" who is a 7" shelf sitting snow-man.



On the second shelf on the left is "Jerry Snow Guy" who is a 10" self standing snow-guy.  

On the second shelf on the right is "Sissie Snow Gal" who is a 10" self standing snow-gal.  



On the bottom shelf on the left is "Kathleen Snow Queen" who is a 6" shelf sitting snow-gal.  

On the top shelf on the right is "Alexander Snow Tsar" who is a 6" shelf sitting snow-man. 



On the side table we have a jolly trio of snowmen ornaments. 

To the left is "Give Me More Snow" who is a 10"snow-man ornament.  

In the middle is "Marsh Me Snow" who is a 9" snow-man ornament. 


To the right is "Help! I'm Sliding!" who is a 10" snow-man ornament. 



Beautifully gracing our family room fireplace is "Nellie Snow-Lady."  She is a 23" Victorian Snow-Lady.  


On the shelves of our wooden clock in the family room we have some miniature snowmen and trees. 


Hanging on the knobs of a desk we have a pair of ghouls. 

On the left is "Winnie, The Snow Ghoul" who is a 6 1/2" extreme primitive ornament.  

On the top shelf on the right is "Wilbur, The Snow Ghoul" who is a 6 1/2" extreme primitive ornament.  



Over to our Dining Room, again, we have two snow spoons hanging from the fireplace flue opener. 

On the left is "Susie Snow, Spoon Me Up!" who is a 13" wooden spoon snow-lady ornament.

On the right is "Sammy Snow, Spoon me Up!" who is a 13" wooden spoon snow-man ornament.  



On the cabinet wall we have a trio of snow-people. 


"Brian Snow Buddy" is here to sheer everyone up, despite the fact that he's a snowman.  He's a delightful 5" shelf sitting snowman who just loves snow.  


Just behind "Brian Snow Buddy" is a family of snow-people.   Meet "Harriet & Donald, & Lil Charlie."  They just love having fun in the snow.  


We always like to create a seasonal or holiday theme on our front hall cabinet. 


Sitting so perky in the corner is "Snow Go! Noodles."  He's a 28" snowman who has his shovel ready - just in case we get any snow in the house!  Now that would be disastrous.  


Standing in the corner guarding our stirs is "Harry."  He's a 36" jovial bear who is wearing my 2 year-old Grandson Noodle's red knit shirt and jeans.  If you look closely you can see the diaper snaps.  He was made based upon a "Design farm" pattern. 


At the top of our stairs we have some of our Victorian Snow-people designs. 


We have "Petronella, The Bird House Lady!" who is a stump doll snow-lady.  


We also have "Sweetheart Faith!" who is a 14" stump doll snow-lady. 


In between his two favorite snow-ladies is "Doug, The Handy Dandy Gentleman!" who is a 13" stump doll snow-man.  


Over in the corner we have a Victorian mother and son. 

In front is "Brr.... Why Is It So Cold, Laura!" who is a 9" Victorian snow-lady.  

Behind his mother is "Brr... It's Cold Outside, Bruce!" who is a 9" Victorian snow-boy. 

I hope you've enjoyed our little tour of snow-people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment