Wednesday, September 29, 2010

My Answer To The Favecrafts Blog Question - Do You Like To Use Patterns When Crafting Or Do You Just Wing It?



On August 30, 2010 I received an email from the Favecrafts.com Editorial Team asking if I would be interested in answering the Monthly Craft Question over at FaveCraftsBlog. The question was: Monthly Craft Question: Do you like to use patterns when crafting or do you just wing it?

Here's what I said: Well, that is certainly an interesting question for a doll pattern designer. My quick answer is “of course I use patterns/templates/instructions.” The truth is, for me personally, I do and I don’t. I tend to like visual instructions (like diagrams) or pattern pieces versus written instructions. That’s me. However, everyone is different so all my patterns include diagram sheet(s) showing the steps from start to finish, pattern piece sheets labeled so that you can use them to complete the doll from start to finish, and written instructions containing more detailed sewing verbiage. So, whichever type of crafter you are you can follow the design from start to finish.



No comments:

Post a Comment