Saturday, September 04, 2010

I Was In Victorian Heaven! - Dolls from the Attic...Mis Munecas



I just love it when I receive comments on my blogs - especially if they are in regards to the Victorian era and Victorian dolls.  Well, this morning there was a comment on my Victorian Dolls, Victorian Traditions, The Victorian Era and Me Blog from Marta of  Dolls from the Attic...Mis Munecas . 

Marta's comment was: 

Hi Linda you have a beautiful blog...I'm surprised I didn't run into it before, because we love the same things.

I would love if you visit me at Dolls from the Attic...I think you will like it, and maybe care to follow it.
Bisous
Marta
 


Of course, my curiosity was piqued as I thought she might love the Victorian era as I do and first checked out her profile. 

Marta's profile said - I should've been a Jane Austen character... a Dashwood sister with Sense and Sensibility; but secretly longing to be out in the moors sporting dirty, broken fingernails and wrestling with Heathcliff in another novel. 

Now I knew for sure that we shared the same interests and clicked over to visit her blog. 

Well, I was in  7th heaven - or maybe I should say, Victorian heaven.  I knew for sure that I would be following her blog and immediately added her RSS feed to my Google Reader. 

Her blog was filled to the brim with pictures of Victorian dolls, Victorian people, and Victorian fashions.  Plus, every article was historic in nature.  And, if you're a reader of my Linda's Blog you all know how much I LOVE history - especially Victorian history. 

Here's Marta's Dolls from the Attic...Mis Munecas  blog description: Dolls have always been a part of humankind, found in Egyptian excavations, and in Greek and Roman children's graves. Dolls and history go hand in hand, so is my intention with this blog to convey my passion for the dolls of the Renaissance, and the 19th and early 20th century. By borrowing from the work of the masters and archival photographs, I will be able to link them to the history of the times and briefly touch on the primitives. Welcome to my blog, and stay awhile. 

If you love the Victorian era as Marta and I obviously do I hope you'll visit her Dolls from the Attic...Mis Munecas  blog. 

I wasn't able to spend a lot of time on Marta's blog this morning, but I'm definitely going back. Next time I'm going to bring a whole pot of tea with me. I'll definitely be there for awhile. 

After all, I'll be in Victorian heaven. I might never leave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment