Sunday, August 08, 2010

The Little Potpourri Sachet Baskets



I never throw anything away and I'm always looking for way to use left over scraps of fabric and left over potpourri.  My recent post entitled "What To Do With Old Potpourri - Re-purpose It!" reminded me of some little potpourri sachet baskets that I had made years ago.

I had seen little sachet bags at various craft shows and in various craft magazines for years and thought maybe I should use some of my old fabric scraps, some of my little baskets and some of my left over cinnamon sticks or other potpourri sticks to make little potpourri sachets in baskets.   They might be cute. If they were little you could put them just about anywhere in the house as a decoration.

So, I gathered a bunch of miniature baskets, scrap material, and small potpourri sticks as decorations.  I cut the scrap material into 4 1/2" wide by 10" long rectangles for the bags.  I wanted the bags long enough so that I could fold them into themselves to create lined bags that I could then fill with polyfil and then glue to the inside of the baskets.  So, I made enough so as to fit into the little baskets I had selected.

I also cut a bunch of coordinating strips of fabric that I could fasten into bows - each 8" long by 3/4" wide and use these as decorations on the baskets.  Each bag would have a small cinnamon stick or other potpourri stick attached to it for just a small hint of potpourri. 

Some of the baskets with individual bags are shown in the picture above.  The picture below shows a large basket that I filled with 4 bags - each with its own potpourri stick.





I was happy with the way my little potpourri baskets had turned out and gave a couple to my Mom and then placed the rest around the house for decoration. 


No comments:

Post a Comment