Sunday, January 24, 2010

I Am At A Loss For Words - My Mom Passed Away




I am at a complete loss for words. My beloved Mother passed away on Sunday, January 17, 2010. With her passing I lost not only my Mother, but my best friend, my most avid cheerleader, my confidante, and the rock of our family. It is hard to imagine going forward in a world without her.

 These are for you Mom:

You can see it in their eyes,
in tender hugs and long good-byes,
a love that only moms and daughters know.

You can see it in their smiles,
through passing years and changing styles,
a friendship that continually seems to grow.

You can see it in their lives,
the joy each one of them derives,
in just knowing that the other one is there...

To care and to understand,
lend an ear or hold a hand,
and to celebrate the memories they share.

Once upon a memory
Someone wiped away a tear
Held me close and loved me,
Thank you, Mother dear.


***************

Don't think of her as gone away
Her journey's just begun
Life holds so many facets
This earth is only one
Just think of her as resting
From the sorrows and the tears
In a place of warmth and comfort
Where there are no days and years
Think how she must be wishing
That we could know, today
Now nothing but our sadness
Can really pass away
And think of her as living
In the hearts of those she touched
For nothing loved is ever lost
And she is loved so very much.

*************

Memories

I thought of you with love today but that is nothing new.
I thought about you yesterday and days before that too.

I think of you in silence I often speak your name
All I have are memories and your picture in a frame.

Your memory is my keepsake with which I'll never part
God has you in His keeping I have you in my heart.


"

10 comments:

  1. ((hugs)) I am so sorry for your pain... I understand, I do

    xo
    katey at blueyeduckstudios

    I lost my Dad...
    http://blueyeduckstudios.blogspot.com/2008/11/my-dad-my-veteran.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Linda,

    I am very sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Your words for your mom are truly beautiful.

    Blessings,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know what you are going through, I lost my mom over 20 years ago and there is still a hole in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Linda,
    I know how you feel, I lost my mom on april 1st, then my dad passed away on Sept. 2nd. He couldn't live without her. It was a sad time, it is still hard, but does get easier. YOu never realize how hard it is until you go through it. Life is so short, makes us realize we need to appreciate our loved ones while they are here. My prayers are with you, stay strong and remember the good times.
    take care,
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always be in my prayers. With those beautiful and tender eyes your Mom is watching over all her beloved. So, she doesn't go, she still pumping your heart chearleading you now from inside out. Take a deep breath of fresh air and let your Mom beat her tune for you and keep walking.

    Love you...

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart aches for you. I am so sorry for your pain and loss. I have no words, either, as none could possibly express the love of a mom and daughter. Be blessed.

    Bonnie Lee Fontaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
    Sending you Love and Prayers to help you through this difficult time.. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry Linda to hear of your loss. I will pray for you, I know how hard it is for you, I also lost my Dad.

    Rosalie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda- I am so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. I am sure your mom knew what a terrific daughter you were by the way you took care of her during her illness. Please know that you will be in my prayers.

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just wanted to THANK everyone so much for their heartfelt comments about the loss of my Mom. They meant the world to me and I so appreciated everyone sending them. Beautiful memories are what I have to hold on to now. I have been touched by the outpouring of love and sympathy through this difficult period. Friends (online and otherwise) do make all the difference in the world. Thanks, again. Linda

    ReplyDelete