Friday, December 28, 2007

You Are Out Of Your Mind!

I know what you all are going to say, "Linda, you are out of your mind!"

You're probably right, but, oh what fun I'm having"

Why am I out of my mind? Because we have A NEW Blog - "The Dollie Storage Room" Blog. Isn't That WONDERFUL?

Well the "dollies" have finally had their way!

They'd been angling for this for over a year now and decided that the day after Christmas was the best time to ask me for their own blog.

They figured that after the mad rush and craziness of the holiday season when I was finally able to relax was the best time to attack. I'd be in such a good mood that I wouldn't be able to refuse them.

They all agreed that was a good time, but weren't sure who should do the asking? None of them like to confront me. You'd think I was an ogre or something.

So, they thought about it and decided it should be someone so sweet and kind that I wouldn't have the heart to turn her down.

They decided it should be "Patience Is A Virtue." That was okay with me. You see, I just love her and her wonderful carefree attitude. With "Patience" anything is possible. Including a new blog for the "dollies."

"Patience" decided that she would hop on over to my study and ask me when she was reading some of my favorite blogs. She knew that was how I unwind from a tiring day and figured it would be the perfect time to ask me.

Before she got to the study she could hear me laughing and knew that this was the perfect time to strike. Laughter was the best medicine after all.

"Hello, Linda," Patience said. "You seem to be enjoying yourself."

"Well, hello Patience," I replied. "I am. What's up?"

"Not too much," Patience replied. "I wanted to know if this was a good time to talk to you about something I've been thinking about for a long time."

"Sure! Shoot!"

Patience decided to get comfortable first and hopped up on the sofa next to me. Then while giving me her sweetest smile she said, "Well, you know that your blog readers just love the stories about the "dollies" and I thought that it might be a really good idea to showcase them and life in "The Dollie Storage Room" within their own blog."

When I turned to look at her she smiled the sweetest smile you'd ever want to see and said, "The "dollies" blog could be called "The Dollie Storage Room" and would be about them and their lives in "The Dollie Storage Room."

I was listening so she continued, "It could be a fun blog for children and parents to visit. It would be filled with everything and anything concerning the dollies - doll stories, doll graphics, doll stitcheries, favorite "dollie" books, favorite "dollie" movies, FREE E-Coloring pages, FREE E-Book, FREE E-Doodles, FREE E-Patterns, FREE Craft Projects and ideas, etc. "

I was still listening so she continued, "The dollies would be in charge and the content to include would be up to them. They'd do all the work. That is, all the work they were capable of doing. So, what do you think, Linda? Isn't that a wonderful idea? It is, isn't it Linda?"

Patience was really giving me her sweetest, kindest, perkiest smile ever. She couldn't get any cuter and I really loved her for it. Of course, I already knew that Patience was going to ask me this. After all you don't live in a house with 1,796 dolls without having your spies amongst them. I'd never tell who it was, but it was more than one doll. And, one of them was a male doll.

In any event, I'd had been secretly working on the new "The Dollie Storage Room" blog for awhile now with Helena as I loved the idea of the "dollies" having their own blog.

I'd already started filling it up with some of the stories that I had written about the "dollies' on my Linda's Blog and on my Dolls Blog.

I'd also included my FREE “The Dollie Storage Room” E-Series - A Children’s Doll Story E-Book E-Series Introduction and Book One that I had written and stories about the "personalized" dollie graphics. And, I'd included some of the "The Story Behind My Doll Series" of articles from my blogs, too.

I had already consulted Helena on this and we had so many plans for fun things for everyone to enjoy. Of course, all the fun things Patience mentioned to me were the ideas Helena and I had talked about. Helena, of course, being a wise old senior had talked to Patience about this before she hopped over to ask me.

Helena figured that Patience wouldn't give it another thought and would think it was her idea. Patience and the rest of the "dollies" would think that they would be in charge and, to a degree, they would be. Helena and I both thought that the "dollies" involvement should make for a very interesting and fun filled blog.

So, I replied, "Okay, Patience. That's a fabulous idea."

"It is? Oh, Linda," Patience said, "I'm so happy that you agree. The rest of the "dollies" will be so happy to hear that. I just know they will. Why, I'll just hop right over and tell them"

"They already know, Patience," I replied. "Just turn around and look and you'll see what I mean."

Patience didn't realize it but all 1796 dolls had sneaked over to Linda's study to see what Linda's reaction would be and to support Patience if need be. I, of course, had heard them. There was no way 1,796 dolls could get out of "The Dollie Storage Room", down Linda's hall, and into the study without making a racket. I just hoped that my husband hadn't heard them as well.

Patience was so focused on what she was doing that she hadn't heard them at all.

Patience turned and with the sweetest smile you'd ever want to see said, "EVERYONE! I have wonderful, wonderful news. Linda has agreed that we could have our own blog. It will be called "The Dollie Storage Room" blog. Isn't that wonderful? Isn't Linda just the BEST?"

With that last remark all the "dollies" tried to enter my study and hug Patience for asking and hug me for agreeing. Of course, 1796 dolls can't all fit in the study, let alone all through the doorway at once.

So, I said, "Okay, everyone. I know you're happy. I'm happy, too. Here's what I want you all to do. Turn around and go back to "The Dollie Storage Room" and start to think about what else you want in your blog. I'll need lots and lots of ideas for fun-filled articles and things to do."

"Oh, great idea, Linda."

"Yes, great idea, Linda."

"Let's see. I want a story about me, first."

"No, me!"

"No, me!"

"Hey, I'm the oldest. It should be me!"

"Well, how about some dollie interest stories. Or dollie news. Or dollie events. Or............

"No, I want.....

I knew that this would keep the "dollies" busy for weeks on end and give me time to finalize all the details of the new blog. Ah, just what I needed. Another blog.

Am I out of my mind?

Probably!

Ah, but what fun this blog will be.


Posted by Linda Walsh Originals - "Doll Patterns for Grown-up Girls!"
Linda Walsh Originals Dolls -"Handmade Dolls & Crafts for Grown-up Girls!"
Linda Walsh Originals DOLLS NEW Website- Handmade Dolls & Crafts
Linda Walsh Originals E-Patterns - "Instant Download E-Patterns for Grown-up Girls!"

No comments:

Post a Comment